Monday, November 30, 2009

Random Thoughts...Thom Yorke...Mainstream???

Anyone who knows me is aware that I have been a devout Radiohead fan since I began listening to them in the 10th grade. Recently, many Radiohead fans have become livid over Thom Yorke's "Hearing Damage," which appears in New Moon. If I were still the same person I was in high school, I would share these fans' angry sentiments. In fact, I would have refused to ever read the Twilight series because of its' popularity. I remember reading an article in college in which Thom Yorke ranted about how much he hated "Creep," which was by far the song that made his band famous. He has always hated mainstream music and has evidently chosen to stay underground with his strange, depressing lyrics (which I love by the way). However, somewhere along the way I grew up and pulled the stick from my rear end and apparently Thom Yorke has done the same...

2 comments:

  1. Is it sad that my FAVORITE part of Twilight (because I think that movie was terrible haha) was the closing credits when Radiohead was playing? Can't wait to see if they contibute to the Eclipse movie! Radiohead is just like Wilco to me, I loved that their album Sky Blue Sky was featured in ALL the VW commercials at one time. Old Jenn would have been appalled. Gotta make that money ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. Caroline is a doll!! Y'all have such a cute family. Oh and good luck with STEP 1 study.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete